ELFEC is committed to protecting your privacy.
- ELFEC only collects personal information when you give it to us voluntarily, for example, by filling out a form or survey. Only staff that has a work-related reason will be allowed access to your information.
- ELFEC does not sell or lend your information to any third-party marketing group.
- ELFEC only asks you for information that is necessary to our work and you have the right to refuse to provide information.
- ELFEC may include your information in summary reports without any identifying information.
- ELFEC may gather information about traffic on our web site so that we can continue to develop the site to better suit your needs. This does not include personal information about you, but includes information about your visit on the site such as:
* The length of each visit.
* The number of requests per visit.
* Your browser type (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.)
Canadians are protected by two federal privacy laws, the Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPEDA is based on the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which is incorporated into the legislation.